What is involved in Customer Analytics
Find out what the related areas are that Customer Analytics connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Customer Analytics thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Customer Analytics journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Customer Analytics leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Customer Analytics related domains to cover and 133 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Customer Analytics, Business analytics, Buyer decision processes, Consumer behaviour, Consumer profile, Credit card, Customer Relationship Management, Customer behavior, Customer data management, Customer privacy, Data clustering, Data mining, Data warehouse, Decision support system, Direct marketing, Lifestyle, Loyalty card, Magazine subscription, Market segment, Mattersight Corporation, Predictive analytics, Predictive model, Psychographic, Psychographics, Site selection, Survey, Voter registration:
Customer Analytics Critical Criteria:
Value Customer Analytics outcomes and look in other fields.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Customer Analytics strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Customer Analytics opportunities costing us money?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Customer Analytics been identified and analyzed?
Business analytics Critical Criteria:
Systematize Business analytics governance and grade techniques for implementing Business analytics controls.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Customer Analytics models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Customer Analytics strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Is there a mechanism to leverage information for business analytics and optimization?
– What is the difference between business intelligence and business analytics?
– what is the difference between Data analytics and Business Analytics If Any?
– How important is Customer Analytics to the user organizations mission?
– How do you pick an appropriate ETL tool or business analytics tool?
– What are the trends shaping the future of business analytics?
Buyer decision processes Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Buyer decision processes risks and correct Buyer decision processes management by competencies.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Customer Analytics product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Customer Analytics services/products?
– Is Customer Analytics dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Consumer behaviour Critical Criteria:
Use past Consumer behaviour leadership and document what potential Consumer behaviour megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Customer Analytics?
– Does Customer Analytics create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What is the purpose of Customer Analytics in relation to the mission?
Consumer profile Critical Criteria:
Adapt Consumer profile issues and secure Consumer profile creativity.
– Think about the people you identified for your Customer Analytics project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What will drive Customer Analytics change?
Credit card Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Credit card tactics and pioneer acquisition of Credit card systems.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Customer Analytics processes?
– If credit card payments are accepted, do we currently have a payment gateway?
– Will mobile payments ever replace credit cards?
– Is a Customer Analytics Team Work effort in place?
Customer Relationship Management Critical Criteria:
Mine Customer Relationship Management tasks and explain and analyze the challenges of Customer Relationship Management.
– Can the Exchange define how First Call Resolution will be calculated, and how a resolvable call is distinguished from a nonresolvable call?
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– Do we understand our clients business drivers, financial metrics, buying process and decision criteria?
– Culture how can we help cultural issues relating to loss of control, constant change and mistrust?
– Can you make product suggestions based on the customers order or purchase history?
– When shipping a product, do you send tracking information to the customer?
– Can your software be accessed via Windows PCs and Apple Mac computers?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
– Is support provided by your organization or is it outsourced?
– How is a typical client engagement with your firm structured?
– Does the software utilize a responsive design?
– Is the e-mail tagging performance acceptable?
– How is Business Intelligence related to CRM?
– Is your archivist in the information loop?
– How long should e-mail messages be stored?
– Is the processor speed sufficient?
– What customer data is necessary?
– Are we better off going outside?
– What happens to reports?
– Who are my customers?
Customer behavior Critical Criteria:
Probe Customer behavior goals and track iterative Customer behavior results.
– Does Customer Analytics systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What is the source of the strategies for Customer Analytics strengthening and reform?
– Are assumptions made in Customer Analytics stated explicitly?
Customer data management Critical Criteria:
Examine Customer data management failures and work towards be a leading Customer data management expert.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Customer Analytics is underway?
– Why is Customer Analytics important for you now?
Customer privacy Critical Criteria:
Discourse Customer privacy decisions and get the big picture.
– Describe the companys current practices that are used to protect proprietary information and customer privacy and personal information. Does the company have an information classification and handling policy?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Customer Analytics process?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Customer Analytics objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Data clustering Critical Criteria:
Systematize Data clustering engagements and separate what are the business goals Data clustering is aiming to achieve.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Customer Analytics project manager?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Customer Analytics leaders?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Data mining engagements and get going.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Customer Analytics workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Customer Analytics process?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– How do we Improve Customer Analytics service perception, and satisfaction?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
Data warehouse Critical Criteria:
Study Data warehouse goals and check on ways to get started with Data warehouse.
– What tier data server has been identified for the storage of decision support data contained in a data warehouse?
– Do we need an enterprise data warehouse, a Data Lake, or both as part of our overall data architecture?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– Have you identified your Customer Analytics key performance indicators?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Customer Analytics Management?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– What are specific Customer Analytics Rules to follow?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
– Centralized data warehouse?
Decision support system Critical Criteria:
Probe Decision support system planning and triple focus on important concepts of Decision support system relationship management.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Customer Analytics experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– A heuristic, a decision support system, or new practices to improve current project management?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Customer Analytics ?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Direct marketing leadership and report on setting up Direct marketing without losing ground.
– Are there Customer Analytics problems defined?
– What is Effective Customer Analytics?
– How to Secure Customer Analytics?
Lifestyle Critical Criteria:
Face Lifestyle leadership and assess and formulate effective operational and Lifestyle strategies.
– As an example; there are all kinds of innovative new applications and devices that promise to enable the connected home and vehicle, smart city and lifestyle, but how do we define what is IoT and what is not?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Customer Analytics? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the business goals Customer Analytics is aiming to achieve?
Loyalty card Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Loyalty card quality and document what potential Loyalty card megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– In a project to restructure Customer Analytics outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are internal and external Customer Analytics relations?
– How do we go about Securing Customer Analytics?
Magazine subscription Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Magazine subscription outcomes and ask what if.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Customer Analytics products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Do we have past Customer Analytics Successes?
Market segment Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Market segment issues and look for lots of ideas.
– Users increasingly demand from web sites the ability to get information that is customized to their interests and needs. Many web sites now tailor their content through the use of architectures designed to support multiple audience types, or through technologies that allow users to profile their personal interests. These kinds of sites demonstrate that their designers are sensitive to the fact the users arent all the same. Besides the influence of users, marketing efforts have driven this trend to a large degree: why present general information to the broadest audience (e.g., trying to sell tobacco products to everyone, including the antismoking activists) when you can target information to prequalified market segments (e.g., selling expensive cigars to yuppies)?
– As a CSP undertakes to build out or take a fresh look at its service offerings, the CSP should clearly define its business strategy and related risk management philosophy. What market segments or industries does the CSP intend to serve?
– Consider your own Customer Analytics project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– To what extent will this product open up new market segments (e.g., industry lines, customer groups, geographical areas) that may be valuable also for other product lines?
– How do you identify and anticipate how requirements and changing expectations will differ across CUSTOMERS, CUSTOMER groups, and market SEGMENTS and across the CUSTOMER life cycle?
– What are the disruptive Customer Analytics technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– Which of the market segments will be the target market for this campaign?
– What market segments or industries does the CSP intend to serve?
– What market segment(s) are served by the company?
– What is our Customer Analytics Strategy?
Mattersight Corporation Critical Criteria:
Study Mattersight Corporation leadership and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Mattersight Corporation services.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Customer Analytics in a volatile global economy?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Customer Analytics effort?
Predictive analytics Critical Criteria:
Discuss Predictive analytics decisions and look in other fields.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Customer Analytics processes?
– What are direct examples that show predictive analytics to be highly reliable?
– Does Customer Analytics appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Predictive model Critical Criteria:
Examine Predictive model governance and overcome Predictive model skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Customer Analytics project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Customer Analytics project lifecycle?
– Can we add value to the current Customer Analytics decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– As we develop increasing numbers of predictive models, then we have to figure out how do you pick the targets, how do you optimize the models?
– Are you currently using predictive modeling to drive results?
Psychographic Critical Criteria:
Derive from Psychographic outcomes and optimize Psychographic leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are the key elements of your Customer Analytics performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Have all basic functions of Customer Analytics been defined?
– What are current Customer Analytics Paradigms?
Psychographics Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Psychographics visions and adjust implementation of Psychographics.
– Do we monitor the Customer Analytics decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How do we go about Comparing Customer Analytics approaches/solutions?
Site selection Critical Criteria:
Apply Site selection projects and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Site selection decisions.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Customer Analytics, including any consulting or professional services?
Survey Critical Criteria:
Canvass Survey visions and do something to it.
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated with the current CRM, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Customer Analytics. How do we gain traction?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– In what ways are Customer Analytics vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Do we plan to assess employees reactions to change (via surveys, focus groups, etc.)?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
– Why should we adopt a Customer Analytics framework?
– What is a routine sanitary survey?
Voter registration Critical Criteria:
Confer over Voter registration visions and finalize specific methods for Voter registration acceptance.
– What vendors make products that address the Customer Analytics needs?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Customer Analytics Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Customer Analytics External links:
BlueVenn – Customer Analytics and Customer Journey …
Customer Analytics Services and Solutions | TransUnion
Customer Analytics & Predictive Analytics Tools for Business
Business analytics External links:
Harvard Business Analytics Program
What is Business Analytics? Webopedia Definition
Consumer behaviour External links:
CSR and Consumer Behaviour | QuestionPro Survey
Diploma in Consumer Behaviour and Research – 6,089 …
Consumer profile External links:
Consumer Profile Basics: Defining Your Ideal Customer
Consumer Profile Bureau – Home | Facebook
Consumer Profile – American Consumer Panels
Credit card External links:
Ideal Image® VIP Credit Card – Manage your account
EXPRESS NEXT Credit Card – Home
Top Credit Cards of 2018 – creditcards.lendingtree.com
http://ad · creditcards.lendingtree.com/credit-cards/top
Customer Relationship Management External links:
Agile CRM – Customer Relationship Management
Customer Relationship Management | CRM Software – Vtiger
Customer data management External links:
Customer Data Management: Advice from 20 Experts
Customer Data Management – Profisee
Product – Customer Data Management – SessionM
Customer privacy External links:
Protecting Customer Privacy – The Coinbase Blog
Customer Privacy Notice | Northwestern Mutual
Customer Privacy Notice | The Hartford
Data clustering External links:
“Density Based Data Clustering” by Rayan Albarakati
Different Techniques of Data Clustering – Tripod.com
[PDF]Data Clustering: A Review
Data mining External links:
Data Mining Extensions (DMX) Reference | Microsoft Docs
What is Data Mining in Healthcare?
Data mining | computer science | Britannica.com
Data warehouse External links:
Enterprise Data Warehouse | IT@UMN
Title Data Warehouse Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Title 2 Data Warehouse – Data.gov
Decision support system External links:
Maintenance Decision Support System – Iteris
[PDF]Global Decision Support System (GDSS) 1 of 5
Decision Support System – DSS Definition – Investopedia
Direct marketing External links:
Boomerang Direct Marketing – Home
Direct Mail & Direct Marketing Services Company – IWCO Direct
Direct Marketing – Investopedia
Loyalty card External links:
Loyalty Card – Bigfoot Java
Loyalty Card Program – Acme Oyster House
Online Loyalty Card Enrollment — Powered by ProfitPoint, Inc.
Magazine subscription External links:
Better Homes & Gardens Magazine Subscription
Penthouse Magazine – buy a Penthouse Magazine subscription from MagazineLine discount magazine service and save 56%. Free Shipping & Lowest Price Guaranteed!
Magazine Subscription Discounts & Deals | Magazines.com
Market segment External links:
Best’s Market Segment Outlooks
Market Segmentation – Encyclopedia – Business Terms | Inc.…
Haley Aldrich > People > Market Segment Leadership
Mattersight Corporation External links:
MATR : Summary for Mattersight Corporation – Yahoo Finance
Mattersight Corporation – MATR – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Mattersight Corporation – Home | Facebook
Predictive analytics External links:
Inventory Optimization for Retail | Predictive Analytics
Strategic Location Management & Predictive Analytics | Tango
Predictive Analytics Software, Social Listening | NewBrand
Predictive model External links:
Predictive Modeling – Gartner IT Glossary
Build a predictive model using R and SQL Server – Microsoft
Psychographic External links:
Psychographic Segmentation – Classifying Healthcare …
Psychographics External links:
Psychographics – Idealspot
Site selection External links:
Microsoft – Site Selection and Acquisition
SiteZeus® | Predictive power for site selection success – SaaS
Site Selection Center | The Right Place
Survey External links:
SurveyMonkey – Official Site
Dunkin’ Donuts Guest Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Land Title Survey – AmeriSurveyors
Voter registration External links:
Georgia Online Voter Registration
Florida – Voter Status – Voter Registration Lookup
Ohio Online Voter Registration