What is involved in Hybrid WAN Networking
Find out what the related areas are that Hybrid WAN Networking connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Hybrid WAN Networking thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Hybrid WAN Networking journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Hybrid WAN Networking leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Hybrid WAN Networking related domains to cover and 97 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Hybrid WAN Networking, Cloud computing, Command line interface, Data center, Desktop virtualization, Edge device, Frame relay, Go to market, High-definition video, Internet access, Low latency, Nemertes Research, Network World, Network congestion, Network emulation, Packet loss, Policy-based management, Service-level agreement, Software-defined networking, Streaming media, Wide area network:
Hybrid WAN Networking Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Hybrid WAN Networking planning and get answers.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Hybrid WAN Networking move?
– Is Hybrid WAN Networking Required?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Cloud computing tasks and point out Cloud computing tensions in leadership.
– It is clear that the CSP will face a large number of requests from its customers to prove that the CSP is secure and reliable. There a number of audit and compliance considerations for both the CSP and the customer to consider in cloud computing. First, which compliance framework should a CSP adopt to satisfy its customers and manage its own risks?
– How will you exercise control over the data within the cloud to ensure that the data are available and that confidentiality and integrity of the data remain protected?
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Have you considered that metrics collection, and system performance and security monitoring are more difficult in the cloud?
– If the application is used to generate revenue, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase that revenue?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– How should we report on the geographic location (street address) for cloud computing solutions?
– Does the rise of cloud computing make managed hosting less desired and less important?
– How does cloud computing affect budget predictability for CIOs?
– How will cloud computing affect traditional recovery services?
– Is cloud computing a threat to the real sense of ownership?
– What are the pros cons of various oss for cloud computing?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– Are there recognized Hybrid WAN Networking problems?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
– Defining terms: what is a cloud platform?
– How do I estimate cloud computing costs?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
– Fedramp approved/compliant?
Command line interface Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Command line interface quality and adopt an insight outlook.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Hybrid WAN Networking? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Hybrid WAN Networking process?
– What are all of our Hybrid WAN Networking domains and what do they do?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Data center failures and transcribe Data center as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Hybrid WAN Networking objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Hybrid WAN Networking activities?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
– How many data center sites do you have?
Desktop virtualization Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Desktop virtualization decisions and find answers.
– Consider your own Hybrid WAN Networking project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How would the developing vdi (vmware) and ddi (citrix) solutions meet the desktop virtualization challenges presented by ringling college?
– Does Hybrid WAN Networking systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What are our Hybrid WAN Networking Processes?
Edge device Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Edge device outcomes and give examples utilizing a core of simple Edge device skills.
– Think about the people you identified for your Hybrid WAN Networking project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Hybrid WAN Networking project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How will IoT edge devices be monitored, managed and updated?
– What about Hybrid WAN Networking Analysis of results?
Frame relay Critical Criteria:
Jump start Frame relay management and raise human resource and employment practices for Frame relay.
– Can we add value to the current Hybrid WAN Networking decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Does Hybrid WAN Networking analysis show the relationships among important Hybrid WAN Networking factors?
– How do we maintain Hybrid WAN Networkings Integrity?
Go to market Critical Criteria:
Sort Go to market failures and correct better engagement with Go to market results.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Hybrid WAN Networking processes?
– How do we go about Securing Hybrid WAN Networking?
High-definition video Critical Criteria:
Check High-definition video projects and learn.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Hybrid WAN Networking, including any consulting or professional services?
– Is Hybrid WAN Networking dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Have all basic functions of Hybrid WAN Networking been defined?
Internet access Critical Criteria:
Investigate Internet access leadership and perfect Internet access conflict management.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Hybrid WAN Networking into the services that we provide?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Hybrid WAN Networking process?
Low latency Critical Criteria:
Model after Low latency issues and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Low latency projects.
– Will Hybrid WAN Networking have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are our needs in relation to Hybrid WAN Networking skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Hybrid WAN Networking processes of our organization?
Nemertes Research Critical Criteria:
Deduce Nemertes Research outcomes and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Nemertes Research results.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Hybrid WAN Networking opportunities costing us money?
– How do we keep improving Hybrid WAN Networking?
Network World Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Network World results and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Network World is getting what it needs.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Hybrid WAN Networking project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Hybrid WAN Networking project lifecycle?
– What are specific Hybrid WAN Networking Rules to follow?
Network congestion Critical Criteria:
Mine Network congestion visions and pay attention to the small things.
– Is there a Hybrid WAN Networking Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Hybrid WAN Networking processes?
Network emulation Critical Criteria:
Track Network emulation tasks and look at it backwards.
– How do we go about Comparing Hybrid WAN Networking approaches/solutions?
– Why are Hybrid WAN Networking skills important?
– How much does Hybrid WAN Networking help?
Packet loss Critical Criteria:
Drive Packet loss adoptions and catalog what business benefits will Packet loss goals deliver if achieved.
– How likely is the current Hybrid WAN Networking plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Do we have past Hybrid WAN Networking Successes?
Policy-based management Critical Criteria:
Nurse Policy-based management strategies and acquire concise Policy-based management education.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Hybrid WAN Networking that make it risky?
– How do we manage Hybrid WAN Networking Knowledge Management (KM)?
Service-level agreement Critical Criteria:
Refer to Service-level agreement projects and find the essential reading for Service-level agreement researchers.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Hybrid WAN Networking process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Hybrid WAN Networking process available?
– In terms of service availability, can you get your vendor to sign a service-level agreement?
– Are there Hybrid WAN Networking Models?
Software-defined networking Critical Criteria:
Discourse Software-defined networking failures and budget for Software-defined networking challenges.
Streaming media Critical Criteria:
X-ray Streaming media tactics and report on developing an effective Streaming media strategy.
– Do we monitor the Hybrid WAN Networking decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Hybrid WAN Networking study?
– How to deal with Hybrid WAN Networking Changes?
Wide area network Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Wide area network quality and prioritize challenges of Wide area network.
– What are the disruptive Hybrid WAN Networking technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What is the purpose of Hybrid WAN Networking in relation to the mission?
– Who needs to know about Hybrid WAN Networking ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Hybrid WAN Networking Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Cloud computing External links:
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Command line interface External links:
[PDF]Command Line Interface Guide – – APC USA
[PDF]Avaya Command Line Interface Commands …
Data center External links:
Aeronautical Data, National Flight Data Center (NFDC)
ADE Data Center – Home
Login | Little League® Data Center
Desktop virtualization External links:
Application and Desktop Virtualization – Citrix
Edge device External links:
Tactical Edge Device | Harris
What is an Edge Device? – Definition from Techopedia
Frame relay External links:
[DOC]Frame Relay – gad.net
ATM, Frame Relay, and MPLS – CompTIA Network+ N10 …
Frame Relay Packet Switching Technology Explained
Go to market External links:
The twins go to market (Book, 1966) [WorldCat.org]
Internet access External links:
Access from AT&T – Discount Internet Access
What Is Internet Access Speed? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
DISA Multi-Host Internet Access Portal
Low latency External links:
Qualcomm® aptX™ Low Latency Synchronised Audio
About Lightspeed | Ultra Low Latency Direct Market Access
Low Latency Microwave | McKay Brothers
Nemertes Research External links:
Nemertes Research (@Nemertes) | Twitter
John Burke – Nemertes Research, CIO and Principal …
E911 Webinar: Nemertes Research Report | West …
Network World External links:
NHL Network World Junior Championship Game Schedule
Network World – YouTube
Air India’s International Network World Map – Air India
Network congestion External links:
Network Congestion? | Verizon Community
CryptoKitties is causing ethereum network congestion – Quartz
Verizon’s Network Congestion | Verizon Community
Network emulation External links:
[retired] Troubleshooting Network Emulation in Load Tests
Unity – Manual: Network Emulation
Marmot – Emulab – Network Emulation Testbed Home
Packet loss External links:
Optimizing Connections: Improving Latency and Packet Loss
Packet loss – 51882 – The Cisco Learning Network
What’s “normal” for latency and packet loss? – Pingman Tools
Policy-based management External links:
ExecuteSql() – SQL Server Policy-Based Management
AWS Organizations – Policy-based management for …
SQL Server policy-based management
Service-level agreement External links:
Service-Level Agreement Template – Get Free Sample
Software-defined networking External links:
What is software-defined networking (SDN)? – …
Streaming media External links:
Streaming Media & Television | senate.ca.gov
What is streaming media? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Compare Internet TV Streaming Media Services | finder.com
Wide area network External links:
Sprint Business’s software-defined wide area network …
Wide Area Network (WAN) Optimization Software Reviews
[PDF]ALTESS Wide Area Network Acceptable Use Agreement