What is involved in Value stream mapping
Find out what the related areas are that Value stream mapping connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Value stream mapping thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Value stream mapping journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Value stream mapping leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Value stream mapping related domains to cover and 87 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Value stream mapping, Business process mapping, Control plan, Design of experiments, Failure mode and effects analysis, Forrester effect mapping, Information and Software Technology, Kaizen, Multi-vari chart, Operations management, Pareto chart, Poka-yoke, Process capability, Product development, Project charter, Quality filter mapping, Root cause analysis, Shigeo Shingo, Six Sigma, Statistical process control, Supply chain responsiveness matrix, Toyota, Value chain, Value stream mapping software, Voice of the customer:
Value stream mapping Critical Criteria:
Meet over Value stream mapping adoptions and remodel and develop an effective Value stream mapping strategy.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Value stream mapping?
– What vendors make products that address the Value stream mapping needs?
– What business benefits will Value stream mapping goals deliver if achieved?
Business process mapping Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Business process mapping goals and customize techniques for implementing Business process mapping controls.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Value stream mapping processes?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Value stream mapping processes?
– Which Value stream mapping goals are the most important?
Control plan Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Control plan risks and observe effective Control plan.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Value stream mapping agendas for the next 3 years?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Value stream mapping project?
– What is Effective Value stream mapping?
Design of experiments Critical Criteria:
Map Design of experiments leadership and interpret which customers can’t participate in Design of experiments because they lack skills.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Value stream mapping into the services that we provide?
– How do we Identify specific Value stream mapping investment and emerging trends?
Failure mode and effects analysis Critical Criteria:
Mine Failure mode and effects analysis engagements and achieve a single Failure mode and effects analysis view and bringing data together.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Value stream mapping opportunities costing us money?
Forrester effect mapping Critical Criteria:
Study Forrester effect mapping strategies and transcribe Forrester effect mapping as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Value stream mapping strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Value stream mapping move?
Information and Software Technology Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Information and Software Technology tasks and catalog what business benefits will Information and Software Technology goals deliver if achieved.
– Think about the people you identified for your Value stream mapping project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Value stream mapping moving forward?
– What are the short and long-term Value stream mapping goals?
Kaizen Critical Criteria:
Consult on Kaizen risks and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Kaizen projects.
– How do we know that any Value stream mapping analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are the business goals Value stream mapping is aiming to achieve?
– Are there Value stream mapping Models?
Multi-vari chart Critical Criteria:
Scan Multi-vari chart strategies and drive action.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Value stream mapping services/products?
– What is the source of the strategies for Value stream mapping strengthening and reform?
– To what extent does management recognize Value stream mapping as a tool to increase the results?
Operations management Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Operations management visions and sort Operations management activities.
– In the case of a Value stream mapping project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Value stream mapping project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Value stream mapping project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are the most important capabilities we consider when evaluating asset and Service Management providers?
– Do we have a high level of process automation connecting our asset and Service Management?
– How do we Improve Value stream mapping service perception, and satisfaction?
– Do you have a single view into it Service Management?
– Have all basic functions of Value stream mapping been defined?
– Is our company developing its Human Resources?
Pareto chart Critical Criteria:
Understand Pareto chart issues and reduce Pareto chart costs.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Value stream mapping process?
– Have you identified your Value stream mapping key performance indicators?
– What is our Value stream mapping Strategy?
Poka-yoke Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Poka-yoke strategies and remodel and develop an effective Poka-yoke strategy.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Value stream mapping, including any consulting or professional services?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Value stream mapping project?
Process capability Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Process capability governance and create a map for yourself.
– How is the value delivered by Value stream mapping being measured?
– How do we maintain Value stream mappings Integrity?
Product development Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Product development goals and assess and formulate effective operational and Product development strategies.
– A dramatic step toward becoming a learning organization is to appoint a chief training officer (CTO) or a chief learning officer (CLO). Many organizations claim to value Human Resources, but how many have a Human Resources representative involved in discussions about research and development commercialization, new product development, the strategic vision of the company, or increasing shareholder value?
– The owner of the product development processes in one of the companies stated: there are no product managers named in the company, what should they do?
– What can we do to ensure that all the necessary product development steps are adequately followed under the pressure of being first to market?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Value stream mapping does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Compare sequential product development and simultaneous product development. what are the advantages and disadvantages of each approach?
– Project type: what percent of resources should go to new product developments?
– What are we trying to do whilst progressing a product development lifecycle ?
– How should you most effectively invest your product development resources?
– Which step in new product development you think is the most important?
– Do you collaborate with customers for product development and/or innovation?
– Do you collaborate with customers for product development andor innovation?
– What are the steps in the new product development process?
– Why is Value stream mapping important for you now?
– How can new product development be sped up?
Project charter Critical Criteria:
Reason over Project charter quality and explain and analyze the challenges of Project charter.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Value stream mapping?
– What are all of our Value stream mapping domains and what do they do?
Quality filter mapping Critical Criteria:
Grasp Quality filter mapping strategies and work towards be a leading Quality filter mapping expert.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Value stream mapping study?
– What about Value stream mapping Analysis of results?
Root cause analysis Critical Criteria:
Adapt Root cause analysis projects and devise Root cause analysis key steps.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Value stream mapping activities?
– Do we do Root Cause Analysis?
– How to Secure Value stream mapping?
Shigeo Shingo Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Shigeo Shingo results and oversee implementation of Shigeo Shingo.
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Boost Six Sigma tasks and secure Six Sigma creativity.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Do those selected for the Value stream mapping team have a good general understanding of what Value stream mapping is all about?
– When a Value stream mapping manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is there any existing Value stream mapping governance structure?
– How is Lean Six Sigma different from TOGAF Architecture?
Statistical process control Critical Criteria:
Guide Statistical process control tactics and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Statistical process control projects.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Value stream mapping products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Are Acceptance Sampling and Statistical Process Control Complementary or Incompatible?
Supply chain responsiveness matrix Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Supply chain responsiveness matrix tactics and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Supply chain responsiveness matrix projects.
– Do we monitor the Value stream mapping decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Is the scope of Value stream mapping defined?
Toyota Critical Criteria:
Steer Toyota failures and assess and formulate effective operational and Toyota strategies.
– Toyota is the role model and the most highly developed example of the potency of systems thinking and action learning in its broadest sense. but why, if the tps is so successful, is toyota along with its circle of suppliers still almost the lone manufacturing example?
– Agile project management with Scrum derives from best business practices in companies like Fuji-Xerox, Honda, Canon, and Toyota. Toyota routinely achieves four times the productivity and 12 times the quality of competitors. Can Scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– Among the Value stream mapping product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– In what ways are Value stream mapping vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Value chain Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Value chain management and perfect Value chain conflict management.
– How do we measure improved Value stream mapping service perception, and satisfaction?
Value stream mapping software Critical Criteria:
Deduce Value stream mapping software governance and gather practices for scaling Value stream mapping software.
– What are our needs in relation to Value stream mapping skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How do we Lead with Value stream mapping in Mind?
– How do we keep improving Value stream mapping?
Voice of the customer Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Voice of the customer planning and create Voice of the customer explanations for all managers.
– Is the Value stream mapping organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the usability implications of Value stream mapping actions?
– Is a Value stream mapping Team Work effort in place?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Value stream mapping Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Value stream mapping External links:
[PDF]Title Value Stream Mapping for SMEs: a case study
[PDF]Lean and Clean Value Stream Mapping – US EPA
SME – Value Stream Mapping
Business process mapping External links:
Business Process Mapping and Business Process Modeling
[PDF]Business Process Mapping – romford.store
[PDF]Business Process Mapping – bodeux.store
Control plan External links:
Review the Vibrio Control Plan | Mass.gov
[PDF]CHAPTER 7 QUALITY CONTROL PLAN – HUD.gov / …
Traffic Plans Made Easy – Traffic Control Plan Software
Design of experiments External links:
[PDF]Statistical Design of Experiments – University of Notre …
Design of Experiments – AbeBooks
The design of experiments. (Book, 1935) [WorldCat.org]
Failure mode and effects analysis External links:
[PDF]Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
[PDF]FAILURE MODE AND EFFECTS ANALYSIS (FMEA)
Forrester effect mapping External links:
Forrester effect mapping – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Forrester effect mapping
Forrester effect mapping – WOW.com
Information and Software Technology External links:
Information and Software Technology – Official Site
Information and Software Technology – Journal – Elsevier
Information and Software Technology – ScienceDirect.com
Kaizen External links:
Kaizen for Pharma – Sales Force Effectiveness Analytics
Kaizen foam inserts for tool boxes and other cases
Multi-vari chart External links:
Multi-Vari Chart – ISSSP for Lean Six Sigma
Multi-Vari Chart | Minitab Knowledge.com
Multi-Vari Chart and Analysis Book – M/PCpS
Operations management External links:
Operations management (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Pareto chart External links:
Pareto Chart in Excel | Pareto Diagram | QI Macros
Pareto Chart in Excel – EASY Excel Tutorial
Create a Pareto Chart – YouTube
Poka-yoke External links:
[PPT]Mistake Proofing & Poka-yoke – landp.com.au
[PDF]Poka-Yoke Presentation for ASQ
Process capability External links:
Process capability Flashcards | Quizlet
Process Capability (Cp, Cpk) and Process Performance …
http://www.isixsigma.com › … › Capability Indices/Process Capability
[PDF]Process Capability – mindproweb.com
Product development External links:
What is product development (new product development, …
KEK | Industrial Design + Product Development
Invention Design, Product Development & Licensing | …
Project charter External links:
What Is a Project Charter? Steering Your Project to Success
Quality filter mapping External links:
Quality filter mapping – WOW.com
Quality filter mapping – Rediff Pages
Root cause analysis External links:
Medical Error Prevention and Root Cause Analysis – NetCE
Online Root Cause Analysis Toolkit – Minnesota Dept. of …
Root Cause Analysis System, Training and Software by …
Six Sigma External links:
Lean Six Sigma Training & Certification – GoLeanSixSigma…
Lean Six Sigma | Greenville Technical College
Six Sigma Certification and Training – Lean 6 Sigma
Statistical process control External links:
Statistical process control (SPC) is a method of quality control which uses statistical methods. SPC is applied in order to monitor and control a process. Monitoring and controlling the process ensures that it operates at its full potential.
SPC | Statistical Process Control | Quality-One
Statistical process control Flashcards | Quizlet
Toyota External links:
Toyota Tsusho America Careers
Toyota — Playoffs Sweepstakes
See shopping results for toyota
Value chain External links:
Value Chain – Investopedia
U.S. Global Value Chain Coalition
The Value Chain Academy | Start
Value stream mapping software External links:
Value Stream Mapping Software | BreezeTree
Value stream mapping software – Process Improvement …
Value Stream Mapping Software – shindigz.store
Voice of the customer External links:
How To Succeed with a Voice of the Customer (VoC) Program
[PDF]THE VOICE OF THE CUSTOMER. – mit.edu
[PPT]Voice of the Customer: Office 365 – Windows