What is involved in Software development process
Find out what the related areas are that Software development process connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Software development process thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Software development process journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Software development process leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Software development process related domains to cover and 293 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Software development process, Systems engineering, Information model, Graphical user interface builder, Software design, Rational Unified Process, Programming style, Software verification and validation, Entity–relationship model, User experience, Project management, Personal software process, Software engineering, Software construction, Requirements engineering, Capability Maturity Model Integration, Structured technique, Software development, Graphical User Interface, ISO 9001, Big Design Up Front, Risk management, Cap Gemini SDM, ISO/IEC 12207, Agile software development, Business process model, Build automation, Joint application design, Large-Scale Scrum, Capability Maturity Model, Computer programming, System design, Watts Humphrey, Ivar Jacobson, Software Engineering Process Group, Iterative and incremental development, Software project management, Application release automation, Computer-aided software engineering, Systems modeling, Software release life cycle, Arms industry, Software testing, Whitten, Jeffrey L., Microsoft Solutions Framework, Object model, Systems analysis, Aspect-oriented software development, Process model, Iterative development, Domain-driven design, Computer Aided Software Engineering, Software framework, ISO/IEC 15504, Structured Analysis and Design Technique, Structured systems analysis and design method, Rapid application development, Method engineering, Test-driven development, UML tools, Disciplined agile delivery, Infrastructure as Code, Agile Unified Process, Acceptance test–driven development, Extreme programming practices, Behavior-driven development, Danese Cooper, Pair Programming, Software development methodology:
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Read up on Software development process management and correct better engagement with Software development process results.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Software development process into the services that we provide?
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– Are accountability and ownership for Software development process clearly defined?
– How is the value delivered by Software development process being measured?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Systems engineering goals and secure Systems engineering creativity.
– When we try to quantify Systems Engineering in terms of capturing productivity (i.e., size/effort) data to incorporate into a parametric model, what size measure captures the amount of intellectual work performed by the systems engineer?
– To apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– Does the project require agreements related to organizational data sharing that havent yet been created?
– Does management understand principles and concepts of system engineering?
– What will happen if there is a loss of key staff or contractor personnel?
– Is systems engineering the solution to all of our systems problems?
– Why has systems engineering emerged as a distinct discipline?
– What is the problem or opportunity addressed by the system?
– How do functions occur between parts of the system?
– How will functionality be verified and validated?
– What are the flows between parts of the system?
– What solution options may be appropriate?
– Where would we like to be in the future?
– How much systems engineering is enough?
– How do we compare with the competition?
– What priorities are appropriate?
– Deliver interim releases?
– What option is best?
– Right business case?
Information model Critical Criteria:
Focus on Information model quality and find out.
– Has the semantic relationship between information elements been identified based on the information models and classification schemes?
– How can you negotiate Software development process successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Software development process that make it risky?
– Why is Software development process important for you now?
Graphical user interface builder Critical Criteria:
Grasp Graphical user interface builder decisions and transcribe Graphical user interface builder as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are the disruptive Software development process technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Software development process been identified and analyzed?
– What vendors make products that address the Software development process needs?
Software design Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Software design planning and catalog Software design activities.
– For your Software development process project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Software development process strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Software development process values?
Rational Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Dissect Rational Unified Process outcomes and reduce Rational Unified Process costs.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Software development process models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Software development process Management?
Programming style Critical Criteria:
Scan Programming style visions and catalog Programming style activities.
– Who will provide the final approval of Software development process deliverables?
– Does the Software development process task fit the clients priorities?
Software verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Graph Software verification and validation failures and improve Software verification and validation service perception.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Software development process product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Software development process, including any consulting or professional services?
– Does Software development process analysis show the relationships among important Software development process factors?
Entity–relationship model Critical Criteria:
Define Entity–relationship model governance and get going.
– Among the Software development process product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Software development process with what users do day-to-day?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Software development process study?
User experience Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about User experience tasks and intervene in User experience processes and leadership.
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– How can I avoid duplication of identity, attributes, and credentials and provide a single sign-on user experience for my users?
– Is the Software development process organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What is the difference between information architecture and user experience design?
– What are the potential impacts to user experience by using a cloud-based service?
– What are the problems when integrating Agile Development and User Experience?
– Agile-User Experience Design: With or Without a Usability Expert in the Team?
– What is the difference between customer experience and user experience?
– What are the best-practices for creating a good User Experience?
– How to deal with Software development process Changes?
– What does User Experience do?
– What is User Experience?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Define Project management governance and acquire concise Project management education.
– There is lots of discussion about the role of a project manager; whether a project manager is needed in the agile world or not. How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Agile project management with Scrum derives from best business practices in companies like Fuji-Xerox, Honda, Canon, and Toyota. Toyota routinely achieves four times the productivity and 12 times the quality of competitors. Can Scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Software development process? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– Are there process theory explanations for differentiating better from less successful ways to implement agile techniques?
– How much effort and investment in time and resources will be required to develop new tools, templates and processes?
– Our project management standards do they support or undermine Risk Management?
– Justification: what are your research questions and how do you motivate them?
– What s the protocol for interaction, decision making, project management?
– How do we create a culture that supports project management?
– What is the role of Project Management Body of Knowledge?
– Can scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– What type of certificate will be awarded and by whom?
– What is an economic aspect of Project Management?
– How do we deal with change when it happens?
– How do we minimize impact and cost?
– So then, what is a virtual team?
– How do we deal with change?
– Needs project management?
– Who is a customer?
Personal software process Critical Criteria:
Model after Personal software process visions and slay a dragon.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Software development process information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– In what ways are Software development process vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What is the purpose of Software development process in relation to the mission?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Software engineering goals and get going.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Is Software development process Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Software construction Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Software construction tasks and adopt an insight outlook.
– Is maximizing Software development process protection the same as minimizing Software development process loss?
– Is Software development process Required?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Steer Requirements engineering planning and display thorough understanding of the Requirements engineering process.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Software development process delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Software development process products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What about Software development process Analysis of results?
Capability Maturity Model Integration Critical Criteria:
Focus on Capability Maturity Model Integration planning and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How do we know that any Software development process analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What business benefits will Software development process goals deliver if achieved?
Structured technique Critical Criteria:
Scan Structured technique strategies and give examples utilizing a core of simple Structured technique skills.
– How do we manage Software development process Knowledge Management (KM)?
Software development Critical Criteria:
Systematize Software development tasks and figure out ways to motivate other Software development users.
– When youre thinking about all the different ways a product may be used in the future, do you stop at three, five, or 10 years in the future?
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– Are there cultural or organizational issues that may affect the system development?
– What are some keys to successfully conquering ever changing business requirements?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Do we know the difference between lean and agile software development?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– WHEN ARE DEFECTS IDENTIFIED IN THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LIFECYCLE?
– What changes need to be made to agile development today?
– Regulated Backward Compatibility and Version Numbering?
– Are there SaaS tools for allocating workers to tasks?
– What does it mean to scale agile solution delivery?
– If you used Agile in the past, but do not now, why?
– What challenges do teams face when scaling agile?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– Will the team be populated by stakeholders?
– Detaching: when does it break down?
– What is ASD to us?
Graphical User Interface Critical Criteria:
Pilot Graphical User Interface failures and look at it backwards.
– Does Software development process appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How can we improve Software development process?
ISO 9001 Critical Criteria:
Categorize ISO 9001 projects and find the ideas you already have.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Software development process objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Does a supplier having an ISO 9001 or AS9100 certification automatically satisfy this requirement?
Big Design Up Front Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Big Design Up Front tasks and create a map for yourself.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Software development process project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Software development process project lifecycle?
– How can you measure Software development process in a systematic way?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Risk management governance and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Risk management results.
– Does your Cybersecurity plan contain both cyber and physical security components, or does your physical security plan identify critical cyber assets?
– Do you have policies and regulations in place regarding the physical and operating environment for organizational assets?
– Risk Documentation: What reporting formats and processes will be used for risk management activities?
– Can our company identify any mandatory Cybersecurity standards that apply to our systems?
– If information is destroyed due to a virus or catastrophe, how could it be restored?
– How can organizations advance from good IT Risk Management practice to great?
– Does the company collect personally identifiable information electronically?
– How does someone outside of IT know it was the right choice?
– How do you determine the effectiveness of your strategies?
– What rules affect usability? What rules affect security? How?
– Do you use contingency-driven consequence analysis?
– What options for controlling risks are available?
– Are we working on the right risks?
– Is there a Cybersecurity budget?
– Are any two policies the same?
– What rules appear frequently?
Cap Gemini SDM Critical Criteria:
Use past Cap Gemini SDM issues and point out Cap Gemini SDM tensions in leadership.
ISO/IEC 12207 Critical Criteria:
Infer ISO/IEC 12207 strategies and gather practices for scaling ISO/IEC 12207.
– Who needs to know about Software development process ?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Reason over Agile software development tasks and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Agile software development is getting what it needs.
– What if your business needs are still emerging and certain aspects of the system are rapidly changing or cannot be defined yet?
– What kind of enabling and limiting factors can be found for the use of agile methods?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– What if any is the difference between Lean and Agile Software Development?
– What is the best online tool for Agile development using Kanban?
– What is your favorite project managment interview question?
– what is the difference between Agile Development and Lean UX?
– How do you scale Agile to large (500-5000 person) teams?
– Do we use kanban, and know how it compares to scrum?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– How could a more enhanced framework be developed?
– Is Internet-speed software development different?
– What have you completed since yesterday?
– How do Agile projects prioritize work?
– How is the development team organized?
– How much modeling to do?
– Have we Adopted Agile?
Business process model Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Business process model results and catalog Business process model activities.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Software development process activities?
– How do we go about Comparing Software development process approaches/solutions?
Build automation Critical Criteria:
Infer Build automation management and give examples utilizing a core of simple Build automation skills.
– what is the best design framework for Software development process organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Is there a Software development process Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How will you know that the Software development process project has been successful?
Joint application design Critical Criteria:
Judge Joint application design visions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Joint application design skills.
– Many teams will find that informal modeling sessions around whiteboards will be sufficient, although sometimes more formal modeling sessions, such as Joint Application Design (JAD) strategies or stakeholder interviews will work best. How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– Are assumptions made in Software development process stated explicitly?
Large-Scale Scrum Critical Criteria:
Analyze Large-Scale Scrum results and pioneer acquisition of Large-Scale Scrum systems.
– Do those selected for the Software development process team have a good general understanding of what Software development process is all about?
– What are the business goals Software development process is aiming to achieve?
Capability Maturity Model Critical Criteria:
Recall Capability Maturity Model engagements and define what our big hairy audacious Capability Maturity Model goal is.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Software development process leaders?
– What are all of our Software development process domains and what do they do?
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Computer programming outcomes and handle a jump-start course to Computer programming.
– What are the short and long-term Software development process goals?
– What are current Software development process Paradigms?
System design Critical Criteria:
Steer System design results and integrate design thinking in System design innovation.
– Performance measurement system design: Should process based approaches be adopted?
– How important is Software development process to the user organizations mission?
– How would one define Software development process leadership?
Watts Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Detail Watts Humphrey tactics and look at it backwards.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Software development process?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Software development process agendas for the next 3 years?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Software development process?
Ivar Jacobson Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Ivar Jacobson engagements and point out Ivar Jacobson tensions in leadership.
– Does Software development process create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Is Software development process dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How do we Identify specific Software development process investment and emerging trends?
Software Engineering Process Group Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Software Engineering Process Group management and innovate what needs to be done with Software Engineering Process Group.
– When a Software development process manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Iterative and incremental development Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Iterative and incremental development governance and grade techniques for implementing Iterative and incremental development controls.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Software development process leader?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Software development process?
– How do we Improve Software development process service perception, and satisfaction?
Software project management Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Software project management adoptions and perfect Software project management conflict management.
– How much does Software development process help?
Application release automation Critical Criteria:
Rank Application release automation failures and finalize the present value of growth of Application release automation.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Software development process processes of our organization?
– What are our Software development process Processes?
Computer-aided software engineering Critical Criteria:
Guide Computer-aided software engineering projects and forecast involvement of future Computer-aided software engineering projects in development.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Software development process project?
Systems modeling Critical Criteria:
Talk about Systems modeling failures and shift your focus.
Software release life cycle Critical Criteria:
Meet over Software release life cycle outcomes and optimize Software release life cycle leadership as a key to advancement.
– Can we do Software development process without complex (expensive) analysis?
Arms industry Critical Criteria:
Scan Arms industry goals and transcribe Arms industry as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Software development process process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Software development process process available?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Software development process effort?
– Are there Software development process Models?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Talk about Software testing planning and intervene in Software testing processes and leadership.
– Consider your own Software development process project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are specific Software development process Rules to follow?
– Is the scope of Software development process defined?
Whitten, Jeffrey L. Critical Criteria:
Look at Whitten, Jeffrey L. results and know what your objective is.
– Have you identified your Software development process key performance indicators?
– How to Secure Software development process?
Microsoft Solutions Framework Critical Criteria:
Talk about Microsoft Solutions Framework failures and get the big picture.
– Do we monitor the Software development process decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Software development process ?
Object model Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Object model governance and don’t overlook the obvious.
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Systems analysis risks and ask questions.
– For the system you identified select a process. can you identify the input elements, transformation elements and output elements that make the process happen?
– How can expected costs and benefits be quantified to determine whether the new system will indeed be cost-effective?
– Are there important aspects of system components that cannot be measured adequately at this time?
– Can the system actually be made to operate in the organization, or will people resist it?
– What are the important external or multisectoral determinants of system performance?
– What other policies or regulations are relevant to the steps in this process?
– What are the different roles that are played on our systems development team?
– What important aspects need to be considered during a feasibility study?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
– Technical feasibility. is the solution technically practical?
– Economic feasibility. is the solution cost-effective?
– What means can a project sponsor use to communicate?
– What types of systems development plans are needed?
– Systems Analysis and design: where is it?
– How will employees react to a new system?
– Will it work with current systems?
– What are top managements roles?
– So, what is a procedure ?
– Why build the system?
Aspect-oriented software development Critical Criteria:
Sort Aspect-oriented software development adoptions and define what do we need to start doing with Aspect-oriented software development.
Process model Critical Criteria:
Canvass Process model management and forecast involvement of future Process model projects in development.
– Will Software development process have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Software development process?
– Is there a defined process model and is it followed?
Iterative development Critical Criteria:
Study Iterative development visions and plan concise Iterative development education.
– What is the source of the strategies for Software development process strengthening and reform?
Domain-driven design Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Domain-driven design governance and finalize specific methods for Domain-driven design acceptance.
– Is there any existing Software development process governance structure?
Computer Aided Software Engineering Critical Criteria:
Model after Computer Aided Software Engineering issues and get the big picture.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Software development process experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Software development process process?
Software framework Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Software framework adoptions and grade techniques for implementing Software framework controls.
– In the case of a Software development process project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Software development process project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Software development process project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Do Software development process rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
ISO/IEC 15504 Critical Criteria:
Reason over ISO/IEC 15504 quality and overcome ISO/IEC 15504 skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Software development process process?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Software development process services/products?
Structured Analysis and Design Technique Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Structured Analysis and Design Technique tactics and describe which business rules are needed as Structured Analysis and Design Technique interface.
– Which Software development process goals are the most important?
Structured systems analysis and design method Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Structured systems analysis and design method planning and devote time assessing Structured systems analysis and design method and its risk.
Rapid application development Critical Criteria:
Generalize Rapid application development decisions and sort Rapid application development activities.
– Which systems play a pivotal role in our organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– How are we going to realize the benefits of reusability if we keep shrinking the analysis phase?
– Schedule feasibility -can the solution be designed and implemented within an acceptable time?
– What new hardware, software, databases or procedures will improve an existing system?
– Operational feasibility -will the solution fulfill the users requirements?
– What sets of objectives are important to our systems development project?
– Are requirements abstract enough and can they change within limits?
– What is a formalized approach for developing a project schedule?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a rad proces?
– Which sdlc results in the highest degree of user participation?
– How do you measure system effectiveness in your organization?
– Technical feasibility -is the solution technically practical?
– What primary problems might a new or enhanced system solve?
– Is the system large and can it be sensibly split up?
– Should it be monitored by standard monitoring tools?
– What is important for us?
– When use RAD?
Method engineering Critical Criteria:
Track Method engineering adoptions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Software development process strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Does our organization need more Software development process education?
Test-driven development Critical Criteria:
Consult on Test-driven development management and improve Test-driven development service perception.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Software development process processes?
– Are we Assessing Software development process and Risk?
UML tools Critical Criteria:
Group UML tools governance and find out.
– What are the usability implications of Software development process actions?
Disciplined agile delivery Critical Criteria:
Track Disciplined agile delivery risks and cater for concise Disciplined agile delivery education.
Infrastructure as Code Critical Criteria:
Meet over Infrastructure as Code results and look for lots of ideas.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Software development process workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Software development process objectives?
– Is a Software development process Team Work effort in place?
Agile Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Agile Unified Process goals and ask what if.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Software development process move?
– What is Effective Software development process?
Acceptance test–driven development Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Acceptance test–driven development adoptions and describe the risks of Acceptance test–driven development sustainability.
– What are the barriers to increased Software development process production?
– What will drive Software development process change?
Extreme programming practices Critical Criteria:
Deduce Extreme programming practices decisions and prioritize challenges of Extreme programming practices.
Behavior-driven development Critical Criteria:
Design Behavior-driven development risks and grade techniques for implementing Behavior-driven development controls.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Software development process forward?
Danese Cooper Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Danese Cooper engagements and catalog what business benefits will Danese Cooper goals deliver if achieved.
– How do we measure improved Software development process service perception, and satisfaction?
Pair Programming Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Pair Programming tasks and look at it backwards.
– Think about the functions involved in your Software development process project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Software development process?
Software development methodology Critical Criteria:
Group Software development methodology tasks and figure out ways to motivate other Software development methodology users.
– What are our metrics to use to measure the performance of a team using agile software development methodology?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Software development process Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Software development process External links:
Software Development Process Flashcards | Quizlet
Systems engineering External links:
Intelligent Systems Engineering: Indiana University
Industrial & Systems Engineering | College of Engineering
Innoslate | PLM and Systems Engineering Tools
Information model External links:
3 Information Model | IMS Global Learning Consortium
[PDF]Information Models, Data Models, and YANG
Common Information Model Combines Augmented Reality …
Graphical user interface builder External links:
A graphical user interface builder for Tk
[PDF]GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE BUILDER GNUSTEP
Software design External links:
MjM Software Design
Software Design for Non-Designers (Edition Q4/2017) – …
The Nerdery | Custom Software Design and Development
Rational Unified Process External links:
What is Rational Unified Process (RUP)? Webopedia …
The IBM Rational Unified Process for COTS-based …
A Manager’s Introduction to the Rational Unified Process …
Programming style External links:
[DOC]MATLAB Programming Style Guide – USNA
Programming Style Guide | SIUE Computer Science
MATLAB Programming Style Guide – Google Sites
User experience External links:
Google User Experience Research
Lojic | Manufacturing User Experience
User Experience | UX Design Tools | Optimal Workshop
Project management External links:
Membership | Project Management Institute
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Personal software process External links:
Personal Quality Management with the Personal Software Process
[PDF]Personal Software Process (PSP)
[PDF]Results of Applyingthe Personal Software Process – …
Software engineering External links:
Academy for Software Engineering / Homepage
Software Engineering Institute
Codesmith | Software Engineering & Machine Learning
Requirements engineering External links:
Requirements engineering (Book, 1996) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Collaborative Requirements Engineering – NIST
Requirements Engineering: Processes and Techniques …
Capability Maturity Model Integration External links:
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Overview
Software development External links:
Online Education and Software Development | Smart Horizons
Graphical User Interface External links:
SE Example – I-15 Graphical User Interface Requirements
graphical user interface (GUI) | computing | Britannica.com
Graphical user interface
http://In computer science, a graphical user interface or GUI, pronounced /ˈɡuːi/ (“gooey”) is a type of interface that allows users to interact with electronic devices through graphical icons and visual indicators such as secondary notation, as opposed to text-based interfaces, typed command labels or text navigation.
ISO 9001 External links:
Bevel Gear Co., LTD | ISO 9001 Precision Gear Manufacturer
What Is ISO 9001? | eHow
ISO 9001 Purchasing Procedures | Chron.com
Big Design Up Front External links:
BDUF abbreviation stands for Big Design Up Front
What is ‘Big Design Up Front’? | Web Design – Quora
Big Design Up Front (BDUF) – c2.com
Risk management External links:
[PDF]Title Insurance: A Risk Management Tool
“Billions” Risk Management (TV Episode 2017) – IMDb
Cap Gemini SDM External links:
Cap Gemini SDM | Quick Statistic
Cap Gemini SDM – Sensagent.com
http://dictionary.sensagent.com/cap gemini sdm/en-en
Cap Gemini SDM – WOW.com
ISO/IEC 12207 External links:
[PDF]ISO/IEC 12207:2008 — IEEE Std 12208-2008 – Techstreet
http://The ISO/IEC 12207 Systems and software engineering – Software life cycle processes is an international standard for software lifecycle processes. It aims to be the standard that defines all the tasks required for developing and maintaining software.
ISO/IEC 12207:2008 System Life Cycle Processes
Agile software development External links:
Agile Software Development with Team Foundation …
Introducing Agile Software Development
Business process model External links:
ARTS Business Process Model — powered by Sparx …
How to Make a Business Process Model: 13 Steps (with …
Business Process Model Versus Process Flow Chart
Build automation External links:
Best Build Automation Software in 2017 | G2 Crowd
Joint application design External links:
Joint Application Design – bee
Joint Application Design/Development
Capability Maturity Model External links:
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Overview
[PDF]A Capability Maturity Model to Assess Supply Chain …
Computer programming External links:
Computer programming | Computing | Khan Academy
Computer Programming, Robotics & Engineering – STEM For Kids
System design External links:
Social System Design Lab
[PDF]DUCT SYSTEM DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS – …
Rain Bird Sprinkler System Design Service
Watts Humphrey External links:
G. Watts Humphrey, Jr. | America’s Best Racing
Ivar Jacobson External links:
Ivar Jacobson International
Ivar Jacobson Intl. (@IvarJacobsonInt) | Twitter
Ivar Jacobson International – Home | Facebook
Software Engineering Process Group External links:
[PDF]BY SOFTWARE ENGINEERING PROCESS GROUP …
[PDF]Software Engineering Process Group Guide
[PPT]Software Engineering Process Group Skills Rick …
Iterative and incremental development External links:
[PDF]Iterative and Incremental Development (IID)
Software project management External links:
Full-stack Software Project Management Tools – Unfuddle
Application release automation External links:
Application Release Automation – CA Technologies
Application Release Automation (ARA) – Gartner IT Glossary
Application Release Automation | ARCAD Software
Computer-aided software engineering External links:
[PDF]Computer-Aided Software Engineering
Systems modeling External links:
Water Distribution Systems Modeling using EPANET | …
military systems modeling | DCS Corp
[PDF]Introduction to Electrical Systems Modeling
Software release life cycle External links:
Software Release Life Cycle – YouTube
7011FI-1.xRelease.pdf | Software Release Life Cycle | Bit
Skill Pages – Software release life cycle | Dice.com
Software testing External links:
Embedded Software Testing | Vector Software
Software Testing, Monitoring, Developer Tools | SmartBear
tap|QA – Software Testing, Continuous Integration, Selenium
Microsoft Solutions Framework External links:
Microsoft Solutions Framework – How is Microsoft …
Microsoft Solutions Framework: The Deployment Phase
Chapter 1 – Introduction to the Microsoft Solutions Framework
Object model External links:
The Internet Explorer Object Model – msdn.microsoft.com
Systems analysis External links:
P E Systems | Systems Analysis | Technology Services
SKM Systems Analysis, Inc. – Power System Software and …
Technology Services / Systems Analysis & Support
Process model External links:
[PPT]Software Process Model – StFX University
[DOC]Business Process Model Template – Penn State …
How to Make a Business Process Model: 13 Steps (with …
Iterative development External links:
Another look at incremental and iterative development
What is iterative development? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Domain-driven design External links:
What is Domain-Driven Design?
Domain-Driven Design Belgium (Brussels, Belgium) | Meetup
Computer Aided Software Engineering External links:
[PDF]Computer Aided Software Engineering – sarcasm.store
Software framework External links:
What is Software Framework? – Definition from Techopedia
ISO/IEC 15504 External links:
ISO/IEC 15504 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
http://ISO/IEC 15504 Information technology – Process assessment, also termed Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination (SPICE), is a set of technical standards documents for the computer software development process and related business management functions.
ISO/IEC 15504-33000 is the international standard that defines the framework and requirements for process assessment and process improvement. Process maturity is measured by analyzing the way the process is performed and managed.
Structured systems analysis and design method External links:
Structured systems analysis and design method …
Structured Systems Analysis and Design Method …
Rapid application development External links:
Pega 7 Platform: Rapid Application Development | Pega
RAD (rapid application development) – Gartner IT Glossary
Best Rapid Application Development (RAD) Software in …
Test-driven development External links:
Guidelines for Test-Driven Development
Disciplined agile delivery External links:
Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) – YouTube
Disciplined Agile Delivery – Meetup
Infrastructure as Code External links:
‘Infrastructure as Code’ in Chicago (Chicago, IL) | Meetup
Infrastructure as Code | Simple
Agile Unified Process External links:
The Agile Unified Process (AUP) – Ambysoft.com Home Page
The Life Cycle of the Agile Unified Process – YouTube
The Agile Unified Process – Department of Computer Science
Extreme programming practices External links:
Extreme Programming Practices Used to Facilitate …
[PDF]Extreme Programming Practices Used to Facilitate …
Danese Cooper External links:
Danese Cooper – Google+
Danese Cooper | Flickr
Pair Programming External links:
Pair Programming – YouTube
Pair Programming & Mentoring @ CoverMyMeds | …
Software development methodology External links:
CIS 610 | Software Development Methodology – CSU Online
CISA Exam-Software Development Methodology (Agile/OOSD…