What is involved in Application performance management
Find out what the related areas are that Application performance management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Application performance management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Application performance management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Application performance management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Application performance management related domains to cover and 153 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Application performance management, .NET Framework, Application Response Measurement, Application service management, Business transaction management, Business transaction performance, Cloud computing, Data analytics, Gartner, Information technology, Level of service, Middleware, Network management, Passive monitoring, Performance metric, Performance metrics, Platform virtualization, Port mirroring, Resource, Round-trip delay time, Software, Synthetic monitoring, Systems management, User experience, Website monitoring:
Application performance management Critical Criteria:
Adapt Application performance management quality and devise Application performance management key steps.
– For your Application performance management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Application performance management leader?
– Who will provide the final approval of Application performance management deliverables?
.NET Framework Critical Criteria:
Substantiate .NET Framework goals and sort .NET Framework activities.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Application performance management. How do we gain traction?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Application performance management? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Do we have past Application performance management Successes?
Application Response Measurement Critical Criteria:
Pilot Application Response Measurement engagements and find the essential reading for Application Response Measurement researchers.
– Does Application performance management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are the disruptive Application performance management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are all of our Application performance management domains and what do they do?
Application service management Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Application service management projects and perfect Application service management conflict management.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Application performance management delivery for example is new software needed?
– Does Application performance management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Application performance management processes of our organization?
Business transaction management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Business transaction management adoptions and probe Business transaction management strategic alliances.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Application performance management into the services that we provide?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Application performance management processes?
– What is Effective Application performance management?
Business transaction performance Critical Criteria:
Gauge Business transaction performance tasks and question.
– How do we Identify specific Application performance management investment and emerging trends?
– Are accountability and ownership for Application performance management clearly defined?
– What about Application performance management Analysis of results?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Cloud computing engagements and describe the risks of Cloud computing sustainability.
– Business Considerations. Business considerations include the overall organizational readiness for using cloud computing. Is the application owner willing and comfortable with a cloud platform?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– How will you exercise control over the data within the cloud to ensure that the data are available and that confidentiality and integrity of the data remain protected?
– How can you start to build to a position of trust and risk management when setting up cloud computing for your organization?
– Change in technology and prices over time: what will billing units be like for the higher-level virtualization clouds?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– How can cloud stakeholders ensure and promote the security of Cloud computing?
– In which ways will Cloud Computing influence our approach Service Management
– What are the ways in which cloud computing and big data can work together?
– If your data is stored abroad whose foi policy do you adhere to?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– Is cloud computing affecting traditional hardware vendors?
– Networks that are flexible, well-performing, and secure?
– What is the impact of hybrid cloud computing on i&o?
– Why is cloud security such a big challenge?
– Is Cloud computing dangerous for our data?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
– Fedramp approved / compliant?
Data analytics Critical Criteria:
Match Data analytics visions and differentiate in coordinating Data analytics.
– What are the potential areas of conflict that can arise between organizations IT and marketing functions around the deployment and use of business intelligence and data analytics software services and what is the best way to resolve them?
– What are the long-term implications of other disruptive technologies (e.g., machine learning, robotics, data analytics) converging with blockchain development?
– What are the particular research needs of your organization on big data analytics that you find essential to adequately handle your data assets?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Application performance management process?
– Can we be rewired to use the power of data analytics to improve our management of human capital?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– Which departments in your organization are involved in using data technologies and data analytics?
– Think of your Application performance management project. what are the main functions?
– Social Data Analytics Are you integrating social into your business intelligence?
– what is the difference between Data analytics and Business Analytics If Any?
– Does your organization have a strategy on big data or data analytics?
– What are our tools for big data analytics?
Gartner Critical Criteria:
Think about Gartner results and define what our big hairy audacious Gartner goal is.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Application performance management processes?
– How do we know that any Application performance management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How do we go about Comparing Application performance management approaches/solutions?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Information technology outcomes and attract Information technology skills.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Application performance management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Level of service Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Level of service governance and report on the economics of relationships managing Level of service and constraints.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Application performance management services/products?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– What level of service or quality of service should the customer expect?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within services?
– How do we maintain Application performance managements Integrity?
– What are the costs to provide this level of service?
– How much does Application performance management help?
– What level of service should be offered?
Middleware Critical Criteria:
Guard Middleware strategies and find out.
– What are the key elements of your Application performance management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– Have security reviews included requirements for support, plug-in components, or middleware?
– Have security reviews been made for support/plug-in components middleware?
– What middlewares are used in Internet of things?
Network management Critical Criteria:
Mine Network management issues and slay a dragon.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Application performance management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Is there a Application performance management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Passive monitoring Critical Criteria:
Refer to Passive monitoring outcomes and reduce Passive monitoring costs.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Application performance management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Is Supporting Application performance management documentation required?
– How to Secure Application performance management?
Performance metric Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Performance metric projects and pay attention to the small things.
– Is maximizing Application performance management protection the same as minimizing Application performance management loss?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Application performance management forward?
– Have you defined IT risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported?
Performance metrics Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Performance metrics decisions and ask questions.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Application performance management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Application performance management project?
Platform virtualization Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Platform virtualization failures and catalog Platform virtualization activities.
– Does Application performance management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How do we Lead with Application performance management in Mind?
– Is the scope of Application performance management defined?
Port mirroring Critical Criteria:
Chat re Port mirroring issues and budget for Port mirroring challenges.
– What is the source of the strategies for Application performance management strengthening and reform?
– Have you identified your Application performance management key performance indicators?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Application performance management Management?
Resource Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Resource engagements and explore and align the progress in Resource.
– A dramatic step toward becoming a learning organization is to appoint a chief training officer (CTO) or a chief learning officer (CLO). Many organizations claim to value Human Resources, but how many have a Human Resources representative involved in discussions about research and development commercialization, new product development, the strategic vision of the company, or increasing shareholder value?
– Has the organization determined how to clearly communicate what is expected of employees and resources available to them to help them transition?
– How often do we hold meaningful conversations at the operating level among sales, finance, operations, IT, and human resources?
– Which parameter determines the maximum amount of cpu and memory resources that can be consumed by a child resource pool?
– What are the procedures for filing an internal complaint about the handling of personal data?
– What management issues are not adequately addressed by existing tools or other resources?
– Available personnel – what are the available Human Resources within the organization?
– How to effectively and fairly allocate resources among a collection of competing users?
– What is the important thing that human resources management should do?
– What decisions can you envision making with this type of information?
– How is Staffs knowledge of procedures and regulations?
– Do you understand the parameters set by the algorithm?
– What other outreach efforts would be helpful?
– Who should have access to what resource?
– Who should appraise performance?
– Who has control over resources?
Round-trip delay time Critical Criteria:
Survey Round-trip delay time tactics and attract Round-trip delay time skills.
– Can we add value to the current Application performance management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Application performance management agendas for the next 3 years?
Software Critical Criteria:
Understand Software planning and point out Software tensions in leadership.
– Are the data and associated software produced and/or used in the project accessible and in what modalities, scope, licenses (e.g. licencing framework for research and education, embargo periods, commercial exploitation, etc.)?
– Has anyone made unauthorized changes or additions to your systems hardware, firmware, or software characteristics without your IT departments knowledge, instruction, or consent?
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– Does your software provide roleand group-based security options that allow business users to securely create and publish their work?
– How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– How could agile approach be utilized in other parts and functions of an organization, for instance in marketing?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Does your software facilitate the setting of thresholds and provide alerts to users?
– what is the BI software application landscape going to look like in the next 5 years?
– Which software allows an administrator to create and publish a service catalogue?
– Would it surprise you to find that most software issues are due to configuration errors?
– What are the a best practices for Agile SCRUM Product Management?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– What features do you need most in Data Quality software?
– What does software development maturity really mean?
– How do Web Operators communicate with Developers?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– What is the client software?
– What is Agility ?
Synthetic monitoring Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Synthetic monitoring engagements and report on the economics of relationships managing Synthetic monitoring and constraints.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Application performance management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Application performance management requirements in detail?
Systems management Critical Criteria:
Generalize Systems management management and describe which business rules are needed as Systems management interface.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Application performance management leaders?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Application performance management effort?
User experience Critical Criteria:
Focus on User experience planning and improve User experience service perception.
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– How can I avoid duplication of identity, attributes, and credentials and provide a single sign-on user experience for my users?
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– What is the difference between information architecture and user experience design?
– What are the potential impacts to user experience by using a cloud-based service?
– Agile-User Experience Design: With or Without a Usability Expert in the Team?
– What are the problems when integrating Agile Development and User Experience?
– Are assumptions made in Application performance management stated explicitly?
– What is the difference between customer experience and user experience?
– What are the best-practices for creating a good User Experience?
– What does User Experience do?
– What is User Experience?
Website monitoring Critical Criteria:
Map Website monitoring leadership and shift your focus.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Application performance management is underway?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Application performance management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Application performance management External links:
Application Performance Management | TraceView
[PDF]Application Performance Management 9.x …
Application Performance Management for Big Data – Unravel
.NET Framework External links:
AMS360 – .NET Framework Version 3.5 Required
Application Response Measurement External links:
Application Response Measurement (ARM) Tools | MyARM
Application service management External links:
APPLICATION SERVICE MANAGEMENT DEVICE AND …
Business transaction management External links:
Business Transaction Management Process – SSG …
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
ClearDATA – Secure, HIPAA Compliant Cloud Computing
Data analytics External links:
What is data analytics (DA)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Twitter Data Analytics – TweetTracker
Data Analytics | Clarkson University
Gartner External links:
Gartner Customer Service
Gartner Studios – Official Site
Working at Gartner
Information technology External links:
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
SOLAR | Division of Information Technology
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Level of service External links:
[PDF]APPENDIX B Traffic Level of Service Calculation Methods
Middleware External links:
Oracle Fusion Middleware Forms Services – WebUtil
XML Integration – Flexible, Future-Proof Middleware …
Oracle Fusion Middleware Forms Services
Network management External links:
UNMS – Ubiquiti Network Management System
What is Network Management? Webopedia Definition
OSPINSIGHT – Fiber Optic Network Management
Passive monitoring External links:
[PDF]INMATE GPS ORIENTATION (PASSIVE MONITORING)
Performance metrics External links:
Enterprise Performance Metrics
USPS® Mailer Scorecard Performance Metrics | PostalPro
Log in – Automated Traffic Signal Performance Metrics
Port mirroring External links:
Port Mirroring – 4503 – The Cisco Learning Network
HMP Port Mirroring – VESupport – …
[PDF]RECORDING VoIP TRAFFIC via PORT MIRRORING …
Resource External links:
Resource Title National Agency, Inc.
Our Company | The Title Resource Network
Title Resources is a national title insurance underwriter
Round-trip delay time External links:
Round-trip delay time – YouTube
Definition: round-trip delay time – its.bldrdoc.gov
Software External links:
– CarrierPoint – Logistics Software Solutions – 2
Computer Hardware, Software, Technology Solutions | Insight
Insite Software | Built for B2B™
Synthetic monitoring External links:
Synthetic Monitoring – Catchpoint Systems
Synthetic Monitoring – CA Technologies
What is Synthetic Monitoring? – MaxCDN
Systems management External links:
JoshHeffner.com – Cloud and Systems Management Blog
Welcome to the Mail Systems Management Association
Integrated Systems Management Inc.
User experience External links:
User Experience | UX Design Tools | Optimal Workshop
User Experience Professionals Association
Seattle User Experience Design & Strategy | Fell Swoop
Website monitoring External links:
Website Monitoring – MxToolbox
checkwebsite.org @ Website Monitoring – …
Best Website Monitoring Services 2017 (FREE & PAID)