What is involved in Computer-aided manufacturing
Find out what the related areas are that Computer-aided manufacturing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Computer-aided manufacturing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Computer-aided manufacturing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Computer-aided manufacturing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Computer-aided manufacturing related domains to cover and 126 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Computer-aided manufacturing, CAD data exchange, Lathe center, Rotary table, 3D printing, Open Cascade Technology, Drill bit shank, Integrated Computer-Aided Manufacturing, FORAN System, Grinding dresser, Grinding machine, Cutting fluid, Jig borer, Metal fabrication, Numerical Control Computer Sciences, Direct numerical control, Manufacturing engineer, Die head, Sharpening stone, Manufacturing process management, Metal lathe, Cylindrical grinder, Tool and die maker, Tool management, Digital modeling and fabrication, Electrical discharge machining, CNC pocket milling, Tramp oil, Electron beam machining, Computer-aided manufacturing, Photochemical machining, Printed circuit board, CAMplete TruePath, Ultrasonic machining, Indexing head, Bench grinder, Raster passes, Jig grinder, Surface grinding, Engineering tolerance, Rapid manufacturing, Wire cutting, U.S. Congress, Flexible manufacturing system, Dental implant, Feature recognition:
Computer-aided manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Dissect Computer-aided manufacturing goals and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Computer-aided manufacturing information.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Computer-aided manufacturing values?
– What are internal and external Computer-aided manufacturing relations?
CAD data exchange Critical Criteria:
Reorganize CAD data exchange management and finalize the present value of growth of CAD data exchange.
– Think about the people you identified for your Computer-aided manufacturing project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Computer-aided manufacturing project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Computer-aided manufacturing project lifecycle?
– How likely is the current Computer-aided manufacturing plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Lathe center Critical Criteria:
Sort Lathe center risks and find the essential reading for Lathe center researchers.
– Is maximizing Computer-aided manufacturing protection the same as minimizing Computer-aided manufacturing loss?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Computer-aided manufacturing process?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Computer-aided manufacturing project manager?
Rotary table Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Rotary table governance and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Rotary table decisions.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Computer-aided manufacturing workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do we all define Computer-aided manufacturing in the same way?
– Why are Computer-aided manufacturing skills important?
3D printing Critical Criteria:
Guard 3D printing tasks and spearhead techniques for implementing 3D printing.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Computer-aided manufacturing processes?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Computer-aided manufacturing Management?
– What are our Computer-aided manufacturing Processes?
Open Cascade Technology Critical Criteria:
Adapt Open Cascade Technology adoptions and tour deciding if Open Cascade Technology progress is made.
– How do we manage Computer-aided manufacturing Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Who will provide the final approval of Computer-aided manufacturing deliverables?
– What are specific Computer-aided manufacturing Rules to follow?
Drill bit shank Critical Criteria:
Think about Drill bit shank adoptions and get the big picture.
– Is there a Computer-aided manufacturing Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Computer-aided manufacturing objectives?
– Is Computer-aided manufacturing Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Integrated Computer-Aided Manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Categorize Integrated Computer-Aided Manufacturing failures and raise human resource and employment practices for Integrated Computer-Aided Manufacturing.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Computer-aided manufacturing is underway?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Computer-aided manufacturing leaders?
– Can we do Computer-aided manufacturing without complex (expensive) analysis?
FORAN System Critical Criteria:
Grade FORAN System planning and finalize the present value of growth of FORAN System.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Computer-aided manufacturing effort?
– How do we Identify specific Computer-aided manufacturing investment and emerging trends?
Grinding dresser Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Grinding dresser leadership and describe which business rules are needed as Grinding dresser interface.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Computer-aided manufacturing forward?
– How can you measure Computer-aided manufacturing in a systematic way?
Grinding machine Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Grinding machine tactics and report on developing an effective Grinding machine strategy.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Computer-aided manufacturing processes of our organization?
– What are current Computer-aided manufacturing Paradigms?
Cutting fluid Critical Criteria:
Deduce Cutting fluid failures and describe which business rules are needed as Cutting fluid interface.
– In the case of a Computer-aided manufacturing project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Computer-aided manufacturing project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Computer-aided manufacturing project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Computer-aided manufacturing processes?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Computer-aided manufacturing does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Jig borer Critical Criteria:
Design Jig borer engagements and look at it backwards.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Computer-aided manufacturing. How do we gain traction?
– Is Computer-aided manufacturing dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What is Effective Computer-aided manufacturing?
Metal fabrication Critical Criteria:
Generalize Metal fabrication leadership and look at it backwards.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Computer-aided manufacturing that make it risky?
– How do we Improve Computer-aided manufacturing service perception, and satisfaction?
Numerical Control Computer Sciences Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Numerical Control Computer Sciences outcomes and ask questions.
– What are the usability implications of Computer-aided manufacturing actions?
Direct numerical control Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Direct numerical control leadership and define Direct numerical control competency-based leadership.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Computer-aided manufacturing product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Computer-aided manufacturing? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Does Computer-aided manufacturing analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Manufacturing engineer Critical Criteria:
Use past Manufacturing engineer engagements and interpret which customers can’t participate in Manufacturing engineer because they lack skills.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Computer-aided manufacturing process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Computer-aided manufacturing process available?
Die head Critical Criteria:
Dissect Die head outcomes and find out.
– Are there Computer-aided manufacturing Models?
Sharpening stone Critical Criteria:
Participate in Sharpening stone management and be persistent.
– How do we maintain Computer-aided manufacturings Integrity?
– How much does Computer-aided manufacturing help?
– Is Computer-aided manufacturing Required?
Manufacturing process management Critical Criteria:
Devise Manufacturing process management governance and look in other fields.
– Does Computer-aided manufacturing analysis show the relationships among important Computer-aided manufacturing factors?
– How would one define Computer-aided manufacturing leadership?
Metal lathe Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Metal lathe decisions and change contexts.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Computer-aided manufacturing moving forward?
– What are the long-term Computer-aided manufacturing goals?
Cylindrical grinder Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Cylindrical grinder engagements and oversee implementation of Cylindrical grinder.
– How do we go about Securing Computer-aided manufacturing?
– How do we Lead with Computer-aided manufacturing in Mind?
Tool and die maker Critical Criteria:
Focus on Tool and die maker issues and probe Tool and die maker strategic alliances.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Computer-aided manufacturing opportunities costing us money?
– How will you know that the Computer-aided manufacturing project has been successful?
Tool management Critical Criteria:
Debate over Tool management quality and report on the economics of relationships managing Tool management and constraints.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Computer-aided manufacturing services/products?
Digital modeling and fabrication Critical Criteria:
Investigate Digital modeling and fabrication quality and describe the risks of Digital modeling and fabrication sustainability.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Computer-aided manufacturing leader?
– What are all of our Computer-aided manufacturing domains and what do they do?
– Are there Computer-aided manufacturing problems defined?
Electrical discharge machining Critical Criteria:
Derive from Electrical discharge machining visions and triple focus on important concepts of Electrical discharge machining relationship management.
– Are assumptions made in Computer-aided manufacturing stated explicitly?
CNC pocket milling Critical Criteria:
Pilot CNC pocket milling results and raise human resource and employment practices for CNC pocket milling.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Computer-aided manufacturing?
– What is our Computer-aided manufacturing Strategy?
Tramp oil Critical Criteria:
Generalize Tramp oil goals and look at it backwards.
– Which customers cant participate in our Computer-aided manufacturing domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Among the Computer-aided manufacturing product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Computer-aided manufacturing products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Electron beam machining Critical Criteria:
Mix Electron beam machining decisions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Electron beam machining projects.
– When a Computer-aided manufacturing manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are the barriers to increased Computer-aided manufacturing production?
– How will you measure your Computer-aided manufacturing effectiveness?
Computer-aided manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Participate in Computer-aided manufacturing visions and grade techniques for implementing Computer-aided manufacturing controls.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Computer-aided manufacturing been identified and analyzed?
Photochemical machining Critical Criteria:
Examine Photochemical machining outcomes and transcribe Photochemical machining as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Computer-aided manufacturing into the services that we provide?
– What is our formula for success in Computer-aided manufacturing ?
Printed circuit board Critical Criteria:
Audit Printed circuit board quality and optimize Printed circuit board leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are the short and long-term Computer-aided manufacturing goals?
CAMplete TruePath Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate CAMplete TruePath visions and prioritize challenges of CAMplete TruePath.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Computer-aided manufacturing goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Which Computer-aided manufacturing goals are the most important?
Ultrasonic machining Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Ultrasonic machining decisions and define Ultrasonic machining competency-based leadership.
Indexing head Critical Criteria:
Nurse Indexing head failures and stake your claim.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Computer-aided manufacturing agendas for the next 3 years?
– Do Computer-aided manufacturing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Bench grinder Critical Criteria:
Detail Bench grinder projects and create a map for yourself.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Computer-aided manufacturing strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What are the business goals Computer-aided manufacturing is aiming to achieve?
Raster passes Critical Criteria:
Grasp Raster passes tactics and oversee Raster passes management by competencies.
– How do we know that any Computer-aided manufacturing analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Jig grinder Critical Criteria:
Recall Jig grinder decisions and maintain Jig grinder for success.
– How can you negotiate Computer-aided manufacturing successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Surface grinding Critical Criteria:
Categorize Surface grinding risks and slay a dragon.
Engineering tolerance Critical Criteria:
Canvass Engineering tolerance management and devote time assessing Engineering tolerance and its risk.
– What threat is Computer-aided manufacturing addressing?
Rapid manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Depict Rapid manufacturing issues and devote time assessing Rapid manufacturing and its risk.
– Do we have past Computer-aided manufacturing Successes?
Wire cutting Critical Criteria:
Think about Wire cutting risks and point out Wire cutting tensions in leadership.
– Consider your own Computer-aided manufacturing project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What will drive Computer-aided manufacturing change?
U.S. Congress Critical Criteria:
Give examples of U.S. Congress results and plan concise U.S. Congress education.
– How do we measure improved Computer-aided manufacturing service perception, and satisfaction?
– Think of your Computer-aided manufacturing project. what are the main functions?
– Are accountability and ownership for Computer-aided manufacturing clearly defined?
Flexible manufacturing system Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Flexible manufacturing system governance and gather practices for scaling Flexible manufacturing system.
– Are there recognized Computer-aided manufacturing problems?
Dental implant Critical Criteria:
Guard Dental implant visions and finalize the present value of growth of Dental implant.
– Who needs to know about Computer-aided manufacturing ?
Feature recognition Critical Criteria:
Boost Feature recognition planning and look at it backwards.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Computer-aided manufacturing processes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Computer-aided manufacturing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Computer-aided manufacturing External links:
Computer-aided manufacturing | Britannica.com
CAD data exchange External links:
EXPERT – CAD Data Exchange – TransMagic
CAD data exchange | Hirschmann Automotive
Elysium – Your Multi-CAD Data Exchange Solution – Elysium
Lathe center External links:
Wood Lathe Center | eBay
Lathe Center Point | Part Number 56619 | Sears PartsDirect
HSS Lathe Center MT2 | Grizzly Industrial
Rotary table External links:
NEW 8″ Precision Horizontal Vertical HV Rotary Table Vise Milling Drilling Vice – – Amazon.com
CNC Rotary Table | eBay
Rotary table 2 – YouTube
3D printing External links:
Stratasys Direct Manufacturing – 3D Printing Service
3D Printing | Site Title
3D Printing Software | Simplify3D
Open Cascade Technology External links:
Open Cascade Technology – Open Source Ecology
Download Open CASCADE Technology 7.2.0
Open CASCADE Technology, The Open Source 3D …
Drill bit shank External links:
STRAIGHTENING A DRILL BIT SHANK – YouTube
Grinding dresser External links:
Grinding machine External links:
Grinding machine | Britannica.com
BRAKE DISC GRINDING MACHINE – YouTube
Cutting fluid External links:
1pt Relton New Rapid Tap Heavy Duty Cutting Fluid | Fastenal
Water Soluble Cutting Oil | Cutting Fluid | Grinding Coolant
GreenCut Cutting Fluid / Misting Fluid – LubeCorp
Jig borer External links:
Jig Borer Reamers | F&D Tool Company
Jig Borer: Manufacturing & Metalworking | eBay
Moore Jig Borer – GovDeals.com
Metal fabrication External links:
Sheet Metal Fabrication Machines | AMADA AMERICA
Numerical Control Computer Sciences External links:
Articles about Numerical Control Computer Sciences – latimes
Numerical Control Computer Sciences – Production Machining
Direct numerical control External links:
CNC tip: How does direct numerical control work
Direct numerical control of serial CNC machines – YouTube
DNC (Direct Numerical Control) by damla gungor on Prezi
Manufacturing engineer External links:
Manufacturing Engineer Job Description Examples | …
Manufacturing Engineer – Welding/Propulsion Assembly – …
Manufacturing Engineer Salary
Die head External links:
Ridgid 811A Die Head Parts
Geometric Die Head: Equipment Specific Tooling | eBay
RIDGID 84097 Model 535 Pipe Threading Machine, 36 RPM Pipe Threading Machine with Hammer Chuck, 1/2-Inch to 2-Inch Pipe Dies and NPT Threading Die Head – …
http://RIDGID 3/4 in. OOR NPT Die Head-36895 – The Home Depot
Sharpening stone External links:
Diamond Sharpening Stone | eBay
How to Use a Sharpening Stone | Knives – YouTube
Free 2-day shipping on qualified orders over $35. Buy Whetstone Cutlery Two,sided Whetstone Sharpening Stone at Walmart.com
Manufacturing process management External links:
[PDF]Manufacturing Process Management – PTC.com: Log In
SharePoint Manufacturing Process Management Template
Metal lathe External links:
4″ x 6″ Micro Metal Lathe | Grizzly Industrial
FREE SHIPPING — JET ZX Metal Lathe – Northern Tool
Mini Metal Lathe | eBay
Cylindrical grinder External links:
(1) Used Tru-Tech TT-820 CNC Universal Cylindrical Grinder
Cylindrical Grinder: Business & Industrial | eBay
Tool and die maker External links:
What does a Tool and Die Maker do?
Tool and die maker. (Book, 1997) [WorldCat.org]
How to Become a Tool and Die Maker: 10 Steps (with Pictures)
Tool management External links:
Tool management – CEOpedia | Management online
Catalogs for Tool Management – Guhring, Inc.
Digital modeling and fabrication External links:
Course – Digital Modeling and Fabrication – AAR4863 – NTNU
[PDF]DIGITAL MODELING AND FABRICATION
Electrical discharge machining External links:
Electrical Discharge Machining EDM – YouTube
Electrical Discharge Machining – YouTube
Wire EDM | Wire Electrical Discharge Machining | Sodick
CNC pocket milling External links:
Milltronics CNC Pocket Milling Demo – YouTube
Home CNC pocket milling – YouTube
CNC Pocket Milling Program Example – Peck Milling
Tramp oil External links:
Tramp Oil Skimmer, Tramp Oil Coalescer, Tramp Oil …
Tramp Oil Removal – Keller Products
TRAMP OIL SEPARATOR – fatboyseparators.com
Electron beam machining External links:
Essay on ELECTRON BEAM MACHINING – 2654 Words – …
ANUNIVERSE 22 – ELECTRON BEAM MACHINING (EBM) …
Notes on Electron Beam Machining (EBM) – ME Mechanical
Computer-aided manufacturing External links:
Computer-aided manufacturing | Britannica.com
Photochemical machining External links:
Photochemical Machining|Advanced Metal Etching|Fast …
Photochemical Machining Services, Metal Parts, NW Etch
Photochemical Machining Process | Photochemical Etching …
Printed circuit board External links:
Printed Circuit Board PCB Manufacturer and Supplier USA
Printed Circuit Board Manufacturer PCB | Gorilla Circuits
CAMplete TruePath External links:
CAMplete TruePath – 5-Axis Simulation – CAMplete Solutions
Ultrasonic machining External links:
Ultrasonic Machining Suppliers on Jobshop.com
Ultrasonic Machining Centers | OptiPro
ultrasonic machining animation – YouTube
Indexing head External links:
Strong Indexing Head | Smithy – Detroit Machine Tools
Indexing Head at Wholesale Tool
Indexing Head Body Clip Puller – SK Tools | Home
Bench grinder External links:
www.dewalt.com › Home › Power Tools › Grinders › Bench Grinders
http://The DW758 8″ Bench Grinder has a powerful 3/4 HP 3,600 rpm induction motor for high-speed material removal. Durability from rugged cast iron base to prolong life.
DeWalt 8-inch Bench Grinder DW758 | Acme Tools
Shop DELTA Delta 6-in Bench Grinder at Lowes.com
Jig grinder External links:
2 MOORE, JIG GRINDER, 10 x 19 INCH TABLE, 12,000 – …
Jig Grinder: Business & Industrial | eBay
Jig Grinder Repair, Grinding Head | Pittsburgh, PA
Surface grinding External links:
Sun Grinding – Precision Surface Grinding – Phoenix, AZ
Wuertz Machine Works | Surface Grinding Attachment for KMG
Engineering tolerance External links:
ENGINEERING TOLERANCE : definition of …
GD&T Question – Answer | Engineering Tolerance – Scribd
Rapid manufacturing External links:
RAPID Manufacturing Institute for Process Intensification
RAPID Manufacturing – Quick Turn prototype metal parts.
Wire cutting External links:
Dykes 4.5″ Side Cutter Diagonal Wire Cutting Pliers Diagonal Wire Cutter Side Cutting Pliers (wire cutter) – – Amazon.com
Handle tough wire cutting jobs by choosing this High Leverage Wire Cutting Pliers with Tape Puller from Commercial Electric.
U.S. Congress External links:
Mikie Sherrill | U.S. Congress | New Jersey 11th | Homepage
U.S. Congress – The New York Times
Jason Rittereiser for U.S. Congress – Official Site
Flexible manufacturing system External links:
Flexible Manufacturing System – FMS
Cells and Systems | Flexible Manufacturing System
Flexible manufacturing system | technology | Britannica.com
Dental implant External links:
Dental Implant Surgery | UT Dentistry – UT Health San Antonio
Permian Basin Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center
Dental Implants | Perio.org
Feature recognition External links:
FeatureWorks – Feature Recognition in SolidWorks – YouTube
Feature Recognition – Geometric Ltd.
CNC programming software with feature recognition – …