What is involved in Business rules
Find out what the related areas are that Business rules connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business rules thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business rules engine journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business rules engine leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business rules related domains to cover and 105 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business rules, Business rule, Business, Business Process Modeling Notation, Business Risks, Business analysis, Business analyst, Business logic, Business process, Business rule management system, Business rule mining, Business rules approach, Business rules engine, Conceptual schema, Decision Model and Notation, Drools, Ephemeral, Glossary, Knowledge, Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules, Z notation:
Business rules Critical Criteria:
Infer Business rules results and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Business rules information.
– Will Business rules deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Why should we adopt a Business rules framework?
Business rule Critical Criteria:
Consider Business rule issues and describe which business rules are needed as Business rule interface.
– If enterprise data were always kept fully normalized and updated for business rule changes, would any system re-writes or replacement purchases be necessary?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Business rules. How do we gain traction?
– What are all of our Business rules domains and what do they do?
Business Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Business planning and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Have the segments, goals and performance objectives been translated into an actionable and realistic target business and information architecture expressed within business functions, business processes, and information requirements?
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– Does your mobile solution allow you to interact with desktop-authored dashboards using touchscreen gestures like taps, flicks, and pinches?
– Will Business rules have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Will IT be a partner, driving business value, building an IoT architecture and collaborating on greenfield projects?
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
– What is the biggest value proposition for new BI or analytics functionality at your company?
– How is Business Intelligence affecting marketing decisions during the Digital Revolution?
– What am I trying to prove to myself, and how might it be hijacking my life and business success?
– What will the security of data be if the cloud providers are no longer in business?
– What are the best BI and reporting tools for embedding in a SaaS application?
– Will existing staff require re-training, for example, to learn new business processes?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for technical administrators?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for Report Users?
– Where is the business intelligence bottleneck?
– What is success for an alliance?
– Why BI?
Business Process Modeling Notation Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Business Process Modeling Notation quality and arbitrate Business Process Modeling Notation techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Business rules goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are specific Business rules Rules to follow?
Business Risks Critical Criteria:
Consider Business Risks issues and forecast involvement of future Business Risks projects in development.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Business rules strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How can skill-level changes improve Business rules?
– How much does Business rules help?
Business analysis Critical Criteria:
Talk about Business analysis projects and arbitrate Business analysis techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
– What is our formula for success in Business rules ?
– How can you measure Business rules in a systematic way?
– Why is Business rules important for you now?
Business analyst Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Business analyst engagements and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Business analyst projects.
– What are typical responsibilities of someone in the role of Business Analyst?
– What is the difference between a Business Architect and a Business Analyst?
– Do business analysts know the cost of feature addition or modification?
– How can the value of Business rules be defined?
Business logic Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Business logic visions and explain and analyze the challenges of Business logic.
– How do we manage Business rules Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What threat is Business rules addressing?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Explore Business process outcomes and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Business process.
– To what extent will this product open up for subsequent add-on products, e.g. business process outsourcing services built on top of a program-as-a-service offering?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– How do clients contact client services with any questions about business processes?
– If we accept checks what is the desired business process around supporting checks?
– Do the Business rules decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are the relationships with other business processes and are these necessary?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– How do we improve business processes and how do we deliver on that?
– What core business processes drive our industry and channel today?
– On what basis would you decide to redesign a business process?
– How will business process and behavioral change be managed?
– How does the solution handle core business processes?
– What are the long-term Business rules goals?
– What/how are business processes defined?
– What is the business process?
Business rule management system Critical Criteria:
Meet over Business rule management system visions and find answers.
– Does Business rules create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are the short and long-term Business rules goals?
– How will you measure your Business rules effectiveness?
Business rule mining Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Business rule mining results and figure out ways to motivate other Business rule mining users.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Business rules is underway?
– How is the value delivered by Business rules being measured?
– How do we maintain Business ruless Integrity?
Business rules approach Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Business rules approach leadership and get going.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Business rules information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Business rules? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are the usability implications of Business rules actions?
Business rules engine Critical Criteria:
Dissect Business rules engine visions and innovate what needs to be done with Business rules engine.
– Are there Business rules problems defined?
Conceptual schema Critical Criteria:
Jump start Conceptual schema projects and overcome Conceptual schema skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Business rules project?
– What about Business rules Analysis of results?
Decision Model and Notation Critical Criteria:
Canvass Decision Model and Notation failures and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Decision Model and Notation services.
– Have you identified your Business rules key performance indicators?
Drools Critical Criteria:
Test Drools tactics and change contexts.
– Are accountability and ownership for Business rules clearly defined?
– Have all basic functions of Business rules been defined?
Ephemeral Critical Criteria:
Focus on Ephemeral adoptions and check on ways to get started with Ephemeral.
– Does Business rules analysis show the relationships among important Business rules factors?
– Does the Business rules task fit the clients priorities?
Glossary Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Glossary outcomes and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Glossary.
– How important is Business rules to the user organizations mission?
– What are internal and external Business rules relations?
Knowledge Critical Criteria:
Look at Knowledge failures and look at it backwards.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– What is the framework we use for general Cybersecurity certifications that integrate both knowledge and skill while predicting constraints of innate abilities on performance, and do we need specific certifications?
– What domains of knowledge and types of Cybersecurity-associated skills and abilities are necessary for engineers involved in operating industrial processes to achieve safe and reliable operating goals?
– Has anyone made unauthorized changes or additions to your systems hardware, firmware, or software characteristics without your IT departments knowledge, instruction, or consent?
– How do we get started on this major task and what critical knowledge do we need to consider from a People, Process, Product and Partner perspective?
– To what extent does the organization have the ability to implement the new skills, knowledge and behaviors?
– Would you rather sell to knowledgeable and informed customers or to uninformed customers?
– What specialized bi knowledge does your business have that can be leveraged?
– Do you have a clear understanding of the required skills and knowledge?
– Does Customer Knowledge Affect How Loyalty Is Formed?
– Do we have past Business rules Successes?
Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules Critical Criteria:
Investigate Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules quality and arbitrate Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are the business goals Business rules is aiming to achieve?
Z notation Critical Criteria:
Examine Z notation tactics and innovate what needs to be done with Z notation.
– Do Business rules rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business rules engine Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business rules External links:
AAMVA – NMVTIS Business Rules
Business rule External links:
[PDF]Business Rule Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Glossary – Business Rule
What is a Business Rule? – Definition from Techopedia
Business External links:
Learn About Business Job Titles – The Balance
Business Process Modeling Notation External links:
What is Business Process Modeling Notation | Lucidchart
BPMN | Business Process Modeling Notation
Business Risks External links:
How to Reduce Business Risks | Chron.com
Business Risks | Partnership | Ownership
These Are the Biggest Business Risks Today | Fortune
Business analysis External links:
What is PESTLE Analysis? A Tool for Business Analysis
Contract Business Analysis Repository
[PDF]A GUIDE TO THE BUSINESS ANALYSIS BODY OF …
Business analyst External links:
Title Business Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Here are 13 Jobs that Can Lead to a Business Analyst Job
Business logic External links:
Business Logic – Home | Facebook
Ray Anderson: The business logic of sustainability – YouTube
How to Write Complex Business Logic Test Scenarios …
Business process External links:
What Is a Business Process? (with picture) – wiseGEEK
Business Process Outsourcing | BPO | DATAMARK, Inc.
Infosys BPM – Business Process Management | BPM …
Business rule management system External links:
No-Code | Business Rule Management System | Business …
The Anatomy of a Business Rule Management System
Business rule management system – YouTube
Business rule mining External links:
[PDF]Business Rule Mining from Spreadsheets – CEUR …
Business rules approach External links:
Business Rules Approach in Software Development – YouTube
Book Review: Principles of the Business Rules Approach …
The Business Rules Approach and Its Effect on Software …
Business rules engine External links:
Business Rules Engine Software | Pega
Corticon Business Rules Engine – Progress
Business Rules Engine – BizTalk Server | Microsoft Docs
Conceptual schema External links:
Conceptual schema Meaning – YouTube
[MC-CSDL]: Conceptual Schema Definition File Format
Conceptual schema | Article about conceptual schema by …
Decision Model and Notation External links:
[PDF]Decision Model and Notation – OMG Issue Tracker
Preview: Decision Model and Notation (DMN) – Hyped …
[PDF]Decision Model and Notation 101 – Red Hat
Drools External links:
Drools – Introduction
Drools – Official Site
Ephemeral External links:
FIX: TCP connections that use ephemeral loopback …
Ephemeral – definition of ephemeral by The Free Dictionary
Glossary External links:
GLOSSARY – Chicago Title
Title Insurance Glossary – Sandy Gadow
Glossary | Title Guaranty
Knowledge External links:
CCMC’s Case Management Body of Knowledge (CMBOK)
Knowledge Management System – Login
Global Knowledge Training – Official Site
Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules External links:
Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules
Z notation External links:
Z Notation – Free Download Z Notation Software
Z notation – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
E-Z NOTATION FOR GEOMETRIC ISOMERISM – chemguide